The mattress may not be a nest of bacteria, but it can be a nest for microscopic parasites called mites. Mites usually live in gaps and folds of mattresses. Once the mite lives on the bed, it will be difficult to get rid of it. Because even though it can be controlled with pesticides, they have also developed to be resistant to these chemicals.
“At night, they come out of hiding places to bite you and get your blood. They prefer to hide around where you sleep, can be under the bed, headboard or on the edge of the carpet near your bed,” reported the Metro UK website.
According to the National Health Services (NHS), the signs of your bed inhabited by mites are as follows:
1. The appearance of red and itchy bite marks on the skin. In some severe cases, these spots can become pus-filled boils or cause rashes.
2. Feel the bite in the visible part of the skin, usually in the area of the arms and shoulders.
3. There are black spots on the mattress, which are dirt from mites.
4. There is a speckled or striped shell that might be left behind by mites.
5. The presence of small white eggs between and folds of the mattress. To be clearer, you can use a cellphone flashlight to check.
6. The room smells musty and doesn’t taste good.
7. Blood spots on the bed sheet, can be stressed mites when moving on the bed.
Unfortunately, mites are not only found on mattresses. Mites can also bite us in various ways, for example from public transportation seats (trains or buses) and take them home.
Or from work chairs in your office and even hotels, both small hotels and five-star hotels. And having mites doesn’t mean your house is dirty, but a clean house isn’t necessarily free of mites.
To avoid this, try removing some of the furniture that has been seen to be inhabited, washing clothes and bed sheets with warm water (60 degrees) and if using a vacuum cleaner, thoroughly clean and dispose of the trash properly and closed.
Then throw away items that are not used regularly, in order to reduce the number of mite hiding places. And to prevent carrying ‘home’ mites, check the mattress regularly and avoid buying or carrying used furniture.
Use LuvinaHealthy Latex Mattress & Pillow, made from natural latex ingredients that are safe for health, free of bacteria & dust mites. It is suitable for those of you who have sensitive skin & have a history of skin or respiratory allergies!
Buy Now :
💚 Tokopedia : tokopedia.com/luvinasehat
💜 Bukalapak : bukalapak.com/u/luvinasehat
💛 Shopee : shopee.co.id/luvina_sehat
💜 Lazada : lazada.co.id/luvina-indonesia-sehat
Source : healthdetik.com